Ever heard of Google’s mobile-first indexing? Or the term colloquially referred to as a WordPress mobile friendly website?
If you’re looking to gain an SEO advantage over your competitors, you’re going to need to make your website AMP compliant. AMP is Google’s newest standard for enforcing mobile-friendly websites. And furthermore, Google will add AMP as an additional factor in its rankings (it already has!).
Alternatives to Getting Your WordPress Website Mobile Friendly
Before getting into the top WordPress mobile AMP plugins, it’s important to know your alternatives. Other than making a website AMP compliant, you could have a very responsive and mobile friendly theme such as WPTouch, which makes themes specifically for mobile users. Although it doesn’t follow the AMP structure, it still is considered mobile friendly.
What does this mean for SEO? Although Google wants websites to be AMP (as it ensures compact code that increases website load times), it can still determine if a theme is responsive and quick on mobile devices. That being said, you should still make your website AMP compatible to ensure your website stays mobile friendly in the long term.
In my opinion, AMP ensures the best WordPress mobile optimization as it is embedded in the code, easily read by Google.
What Does a Mobile Friendly AMP Website Mean?
Making an AMP friendly website is complicated and requires restructuring your website’s code. It can be a hassle. But there’s good news – developers have made WordPress mobile friendly plugins that automatically convert your website into the AMP version on the fly.
What does this mean? No coding and no work required! Just install the plugin and bam – your website becomes mobile and AMP friendly. Better SEO at no cost.
According to a recent report by Statista (which refers to more than 22,500 sources for research), 52% of Internet traffic comes from mobile phones. In this scenario, if your WordPress website doesn’t load quickly on mobile devices and has a poor score in site speed tests, it will not get to the first page of Google for relevant searches.
To improve SEO, it is imperative to have an amp plugin for your WordPress site that will add Accelerated Mobile Pages and help your website score well in page speed test.
Top WP AMP Plugins you can use for your WordPress website –
What exactly do these mobile WordPress plugins do? When someone loads your website on their mobile device, AMP plugins will output the page as an AMP version, so that it’s perfectly responsive and super quick.
AMP for WP plugin – Accelerated Mobile Pages
AMP for WP is one of the best WordPress plugins that offers a host of extensions and added support options. In my opinion, it is the best mobile WordPress plugin to make your website AMP compatible (ie. responsive, quick load times, etc.).
- The drag and drop page builder helps you customize website layout for better user experience on your WordPress website.
- AMP for WP’s mobile redirection feature results in fast WP site loading speed on any device.
- This accelerated mobile pages plugin supports Carousel Galleries along with Youtube video embedding. Vine embeds; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram embedding are some other good features of AMP for WP.
- Email support functionality, custom post types and a good front end with an administrative backend is an add-on.
- The AMP for WP plugin has over 100,000 active installations.
I’ve personally used AMPforWP on many of my websites. One of my websites actually had some AMP errors but when I contacted their support, they responded immediately (even though it’s a free plugin).
This app is my favorite as it adds so much functionality at no cost. The only things you have to pay for are not core to AMP and only for added convenience like premium support. Although this AMP plugin is my favorite, there are many other ones that may suit your needs better. Let’s take a look below.
Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP –
This plugin incorporates Yoast SEO into your accelerated mobile pages.
- Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP is user-friendly and provides you an easy way to modify your amp pages. It also increases your site page speed.
- Rudimentary styling with different styles makes your AMP look similar to your main page.
- There is a customized framework for page building and SEO content integration.
- The 0.4 version of Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP has new templates and themes for a wider choice in user interface.
- Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP has a total number of 90,000 installations.
AMP WooCommerce for your WordPress Site –
This plugin is specially designed for AMP e-Commerce sales, store and tracking tool integration.
- AMP WooCommerce facilitates easy execution of online story and financial transactions.
- It can also manage orders from your WordPress content management system and creates corresponding AMP versions of your website’s e-Commerce store.
- AMP WooCommerce for your WordPress site is a user-friendly plugin for users at all skill levels.
- It automatically carries your setting specifications and design options as specified on your main WordPress site’s dashboard panel.
- Over 2,000 e-Commerce accounts have incorporated this plugin.
AMP on WordPress: weeblrAMP CE –
This is a comprehensive plugin for AMP creation of your WordPress website. AMP on WordPress – weeblrAMP CE creates an attractive, reliable and fast-loading website for mobile usage.
- It features a professional design and user interface, suitable for web developers and designers of WordPress sites and blogs.
- AMP on WordPress – weeblrAMP CE also features automatic conversion for Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 and Mail Chimp for WP. It also incorporates support for WooCommerce and many other premium plugins to AMP format.
- The premium model of this plugin comes with tools for site duplication, customization, and data storage.
- This plugin enables your AMP site look and function similar to your parent WordPress website.
AdSense Plugin WP Quads –
This one is the best AMP plugin you can use to optimize your marketed content. It brings the functionality of Quick AdSense on your AMP site.
- This plugin allows web developers to handle their web ads with precision and it also integrates all your feature settings automatically.
- The drag and drop advertisement building feature allows you to easily control the nature of your website advertisements.
- AdSense Plugin WP Quads Pro version also supports cache systems and popular cache plugins like WP Rocket, W3 Total, and other caching plugins.
- It has a simple UI which makes it easier for the user and leads to good ad conversion rate, which makes AdSense Plugin WP Quads one of the best plugins.
- It has over 90,000+ active installations.
AMP WP Plugins – Which One is Right For You?
Like I said above, I think that AMPforWP is the best mobile friendly AMP plugin. Its features are more than comprehensive and it’s completely free. All the plugins are updated on regular basis and some of them have both free and premium versions.
Each one of them has different features and serves slightly different purposes. However, after using AMP for WP for quite some time, I highly recommend AMP for WP for those who want a user-friendly and easily functional plugin which leads to good Google page speed and thus a better user experience.
Have a question? Leave a comment below!